We are currently seeking a candidate to join our growing team, based either in our office in Southampton, Chelmsford or remote.
This role aims to conduct surveys, inspections and audits onboard vessels under 500GT. You will operate with a clear customer focus. The successful applicate will have a background in commercial vessels, whether technical or operational experience. The ideal candidate will have a passion for high-quality service delivery, an eye for detail and a working understanding of commercial vessels.
- Perform inspection and surveys on vessels on behalf of the coding authority, clients, or for other purposes.
- New build vessel assurance and quality inspection for Owners/Operators/Builders or Institutions.
- Perform vessel safety, and suitability audits onboard or at client offices.
- Vessel construction and technical refit management.
- Other duties that are assigned to you within your capacity.
The right candidate will have:
- Hold a degree level qualification in Naval Architecture, Vessel Inspection or Marine Engineering. It would be advantageous to hold seagoing qualifications or ship repair experience.
- Have proven related Marine experience and sound technical knowledge of vessel construction and repair standards.
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work directly with clients, flag and class authorities etc.
- Hold a current UK driving licence.
- Be willing to travel within the UK and Europe with some travel being further afield.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
How to Apply
If you feel you are suitable for the aforementioned position, please complete the application form shown.
After we have received your application a member of our team will review and if you are a suitable candidate we will contact you to move the application process forward to the next stage